of the moment {1.21.12}

by kathleen on January 21, 2012

happy weekend!

thank you all for the sweet comments on our wedding flashback.  definitely a day i will forever remember.  while i’m busy digging myself out of 7 inches of snow, here are some of my current faves for your browsing pleasure.

for past of the moment’s, click here!

healthy ingredient swap of the moment:  .  replace the butter, oil, etc. with healthy avocados.  just another reason to feel good about eating this yummy breakfast treat!

party app of the moment:  .  ugh.  have i mentioned that the cheese + apple combo is one of my biggest weaknesses?  along with carrot cake, sweet potato fries, cookies n cream ice cream… ok, i’ll stop there.

2 minute dessert of the moment:  .  this seems just way too easy for my own good.  i can see myself whipping this up, oh, every night.  bet you have all the ingredients in your kitchen right now!

of the moment:  so true.  how much we so often hide behind our words.

of the moment:  just plain cozy.

too good to be true of the moment:  .  absolutely, 100%, for sure worth investing in an ice cream maker.

of the moment:  love, love, love everything about this.

of the moment:  you knew i was gonna have one!  just melt my heart to butter while you’re at it.

warm me up bev of the moment:  .  i can get down with these freezing temperatures and falling snow if i can be indoors with one of these!

saturday morning workout of the moment:  ready, go!  love this .  perfect to complete at home if you, like me, happen to be snowed in and your gym is closed.   wondering what bird dogs are?  watch !

must make recipe of the moment:  .  um, yes, please!

quick + healthy lunch of the moment: .  easy, quick, healthy and delicious.  not to mention i go gaga for food photography!

favorite foot of the moment:  .

hubby lovin’ dinner of the moment:  .  matt loves, loves chinese food.  correction: matt loves good chinese food.  i have a feeling, though, that if i can make this half as well as jenna does, i’m going to be in husband good graces for a while.

of the moment:  seriously, those aviators, i die!

what are you loving this moment?

{ 22 comments… read them below or add one }

1 January 21, 2012 at 7:29 am

This is one of the best “of the moments” I’ve seen thus far! I guess because we have similar favorites! That apple + cheese hand pies? I hope it finds my mouth soon! The chocolate caramel mug cake? I hope it finds my mouth soon after! Got a girl drooling over here on this Saturday morning and I’m not complaining.

2 January 21, 2012 at 8:47 am

I cannot even handle all the awesomeness on this post. Homemade DQ blizzards, that tiramisu thing, pumpkin cream cheese bread? I could die and go to heaven. Okay, I seirously need to step of my kitchen game. Inspiration has ensued.

3 kathleen January 21, 2012 at 4:36 pm

i agree, the pumpkin cheesecake bread is very intriguing! looks so sinful!

4 January 21, 2012 at 8:58 am

Mmmm salted caramel cake, homemade blizzards, and orange peel shrimp (I bookmarked this recipe too!), I’m seriously drooling right now

And that baby is just too cute for words!

5 January 21, 2012 at 11:48 am

Really wishing I had an ice cream making right about now…

6 kathleen January 21, 2012 at 4:35 pm

me too!!

7 Amy January 21, 2012 at 1:41 pm

So many good ideas and pretty pictures! I was inspired to make the banana avacado bread, it’s different and I like it:) Thank YOU!

8 January 21, 2012 at 3:43 pm

Another cute blog post. You a quickly becoming a favorite :) I can’t wait to try…ummm…everything in this post!

9 kathleen January 21, 2012 at 4:32 pm

thanks, girl!

10 January 21, 2012 at 3:49 pm

So much good in this post, I don’t know what to comment on first, so I’ll just say LOVE to all of it!

11 January 21, 2012 at 3:50 pm

Wow I am pretty much obsessed with this entire post..the puppy pic?! ahhh I’m dying! I want a bernese mountain dog so badly!!..and along with the dog I would like the mug cake, banana bread and the sweet potato and black bean tacos..YUMM

12 January 21, 2012 at 3:59 pm

I definitely want to try the avocado banana bread because I have made chocolate chip cookies with avocado before and I thought they were pretty good :)

13 kathleen January 21, 2012 at 4:33 pm

it’s on my list for next week! perfect way to use up those ripening avocados.

14 January 21, 2012 at 4:31 pm

Ooh, I think I gave myself a cavity looking at all the sweet decadence. Soo sweet and tasty. Must find emergency chocolate bar …

The squishy baby was just the perfect closer, I don’t know if it gets much cuter than that!

15 j2s January 21, 2012 at 7:45 pm

so, i have a problem…i eat dark chocolate. Every. Single. Night. (among other things…but is this crazy? 1 – 1.5 ounces of chocolate per night. Help!

16 kathleen January 21, 2012 at 8:00 pm

no it’s not crazy!! chocolate is delicious… and packed with antioxidants!

17 January 21, 2012 at 9:04 pm

Ah that pumpkin cream bread looks to die for!

18 January 21, 2012 at 9:20 pm

Love this post! Thanks for including me on it. :) I want that mug cake right now!

19 kathleen January 22, 2012 at 9:17 am

i have to restrain myself from including you every single week!! i try to spread out the love, but your photos and recipes are always amazing :)

20 January 22, 2012 at 9:17 am

i loved this post!! all of the food looked delicious, and i especially want to try the chocolate mug cake and the avocado banana bread.

21 January 22, 2012 at 9:47 am

I love reading about everyone’s current favorites. I love the sweet potato tacos! I’ve used them in enchiladas too.

22 January 22, 2012 at 1:39 pm

Such a cute post – and I love the avocado in banana bread idea – yum! I bet it would also work amazingly to make a delicious zucchini bread!
Currently Im LOVING decadent smoked cheddar and jalapeno grilled cheese sandwiches – SO good – and on a healthier note Im very into smoked oily fish at the moment – keep getting mackerel cravings. And I’m ALWAYS into puppies – always. xox