1. who is doing what for super bowl sunday? i really, really love this first sunday in february and it has nothing to do with football (unless my beloved bears are playing), but rather the copious amounts of chips, dip, beer, chicken wings, burgers, and sweet treats that abound our viewing party of choice. it’s definitely not a coincidence that my 10 day detox ended in time for the big weekend.
2. on a related note, were just added to the menu. i mean…
3. matt and i started this week and even though we have only been to two classes (intro classes at that), my quads will never, ever be the same. i came close to melting into a pile of my own tears around squat 184. someone with CF experience please tell me it gets easier.
4. i’m not going to lie, i felt prettttty flippin’ awesome when i noticed the i snagged at the warehouse sale last weekend for $59 was retailing for $128 at my yoga studio this week. best.day.ever.
5. this picture of the exterior temp was snapped in my car on january 31. in chicago, illinois. i have chosen to ignore the fact that i know with absolute certainty we will get punched in the face with another snow storm before this winter is said and done.
6. i will instead become overly excited, forget that there is a wind chill, wear my flip flops to walk the dogs and come home with toes that are ready to fall off.
7. goodness.gracious.my.oh.my. it’s girl scout cookie season. i can usually resist commercially baked goods as i prefer something from my kitchen (or someone else’s), but when you have a pigtailed 7 year old smiling at your doorstep, who can say no? we have 2 boxes of thin mints and 2 boxes of samosa on the way. don’t you dare call them caramel delites. that’s my childhood you’re messing with! (p.s. cannot wait to try !)
8. last night i was feeling totally bratty and crabby and, consequently, told matt he could make his own dinner and if he didn’t know how, he could figure it out. i think it was about the moment he was lowering the forman grill top onto a burger patty that he had topped with a piece of cheese that i realized i should probably get over myself and help the guy out.
9. yes, there is something happening on sunday that is more important than the super bowl. for all of you dog owners, set your pups up in front of sunday afternoon. if they are anything like mocha and winnie, they will be completely enthralled, eyes glued to the tv. it is amazing!
look at ! apparently she has a thing for red heads.
10. story of my life.
1. what is your favorite girl scout cookie?
2. do you trust your husband/boyfriend/significant other in the kitchen?