is it really monday again?!
i am a little slow moving this morning thanks to a post-super bowl late night drive home. matt and i were fortunate to tag along with my in laws to the game in indianapolis and the entire weekend was as exhausting as it was amazing.
i did not have the chance to snap a ton of pictures over the weekend, so i figured i’d use this morning to post my 11 random things that chelsey tagged me in last week! regular blogging to resume this evening. have a good day!
11 random things.
1. i loathe the taste of popsicle sticks and, consequently, could not tell you the lsat time i had a popsicle. push-ups, on the other hand, are a completely different ball game. totally delicious.
2. when i was 2 years old, i fell through the windowsill and cracked my head open. when i was 3 and left alone in the car with the keys in the ignition (great parenting, dad), i managed to put the it in reverse and back out into the middle of the street. i was living on the edge.
3. i try not to drink it often, but there is literally nothing better than an ice cold barq’s root beer. on a related note, when i was younger, the greatest thing in the world was ordering a fountain drink and mixing all of the sodas together. totally normal.
4. tequila makes my clothes come off.
5. #4 is actually a total lie (i hate tequila), but i love that song.
6. i am in bed by 9:45 every weekday night and rarely miss an episode of chelsea lately. chuy is my hero.
7. my obsession with the bachelor borders on unhealthy. i feel as though i develop actual relationships, not only with ben, but with the 25 women vying for his heart. the emotional toll a 2 hour reality television show (and yes, it’s real) has taken on me is embarrassing.
8. i live about 2 miles from the house and my parents were extras in home alone 2. subsequent to filming my mom’s name was picked in a raffle and our family won tickets to the chicago premiere and was seated right behind macaulay caulkin. it.was.amazing.
9. i have an irrational fear of the sink disposal — the sound scares the living daylights out of me and (however ridiculous), i am convinced that one day my hand will be sucked down into oblivion.
10. my dream is to be a contestant on the price is right. i don’t love that bob barker is no longer the host, but, nonetheless, i’m pretty sure i would rock .
11. some of my most insightful conversations on any given weekday are with my dogs. a nice perk of working from home.
1. chocolate or vanilla? vanilla (side note: my husband would love to insert a chocolate joke here).
2. what would you do with 1 million dollars? pay off our mortgage and start college funds for my future kids. boring (i know!) but the rising cost of college scares the crap out of me.
3. where is your favorite place to buy groceries? a tie between whole foods and trader joe’s. don’t make me pick! in the summer, the farmer’s market, hands down.
4. what is your biggest fear?
5. what is the last book you read? the happiness project by gretchen rubin. highly recommended.
6. favorite movie. notting hill. anything with julia roberts for that matter.
7. what do you see yourself doing in 5 years? raising a family!
8. romantic or comedy movie? romantic.
9. last dream you remember. never remember my dreams — i wish i did!
10. have you ever been in a car accident? i was in a cab in san francisco that hit a biker (who luckily was not seriously injured.) the fire truck that came to the scene then took us to the bar we were originally headed to before the aforementioned run in.
11. what is the longest friendship you have ever had? i had brunch last week with the first friend i made on the first day of kindergarten some 21 years ago. crazy how time flies!
new set of questions
- cats or dogs?
- what is your favorite holiday?
- website you visit most frequently.
- would you rather have an extra 5 years of life or $1 million?
- sweet or salty?
- favorite quote.
- what is your favorite breakfast food?
- team jen or team angelina?
- do you want/have kids? how many?
- what is your #1 guilty pleasure?
- biggest pet peeve.
tag! you’re it. (i apologize if you’ve already been tagged — i can’t keep track!)
the rules: list 11 random things about yourself, answer my 11 questions, ask your own 11 questions, and tags some bloggers to play along!
- (nutrition nut on the run)
- (iowa girl eats)
- (made in sonoma)
- (cait’s plate)
- (totes my oats)
- (live and love to eat)
- (running the windy city)
your turn! pick one of the above questions and answer yourself!