1. it is currently 5:45 a.m. on thursday morning and i am 30,000 feet in the air heading home to chicago after a quick trip to dallas, tx with matt’s family. to begin what will possibly be the longest day of my life, the alarm went off at 2:30 a.m. for a 2 hour drive to the airport where we boarded a 5:30 a.m. flight. i have piles…piles i tell you…of work waiting for me at home, laundry to be done, dogs to be walked, and a weekend trip to pack for, all by 7 a.m. tomorrow. lord help me.
2. on a happier note, it’s the first day of march and i feel as though some air has been breathed back into my life! does anyone else find february to be the worst.month.ever? (sorry february birthday-ers!) but really, february in chicago is simply miserable. onward and upward
3. i splurged and bought to skip myself right into spring. other spring things i’m looking forward to:
- wedding season! (we have 8 between march 1 and august 31)
- longer days and post-dinner walks
- tulips + calla lillies (my wedding bouquet!)
- flip flops + sundresses
4. let’s talk oscars. first up, i’m devastated melissa mccarthy and michelle williams didn’t win, but do love octavia spencer (which reminds me, i have yet to see the help.) i would have died to see an acceptance speech by george clooney or brad pitt — maybe next year. and speaking of brad, did you know angelina’s leg has a twitter account (@angiesrightleg) with 42,000 followers. i kid you not.
5. fashion was so-so for me. favorites were gwenyth paltrow, kristin wiig, michelle williams + emma stone. i mean considering we’re basically best friends after brunching together in nyc, i had to put her on the list.
6. worst dressed: rooney mara.
which makes me sad because i really do like her! didn’t get the dress, though.
7. crossfit update: it continues to kick.my.butt., but i can tell i’m getting stronger which is awesome. for someone who’s always been a lanky, marathon running, cardio queen, having a bit of muscle feels pretty bad ass. i’ve been aiming to do 30 push-ups per day (not straight, and with many on my knees) and it is certainly starting to feel easier. there is certainly more definition in my arms and legs, and if i squint just enough, i can flex and see a bit of bicep pop out. baby steps.
8. is absolutely…absolutely…genius.
9. they’re baaaaaack! i cannot get enough of these two little nuggets and now, in addition to their nikki minaj covers, sophia grace & rosie have their own original song! i am seriously considering moving to london for the first 5 years of my children’s lives just so they develop british accents.
10. march must-haves:
- jamba juice smoothie with an added wheatgrass shot
- (download “get it right”. now.)
happy thursday, friends! almost to the weekend!
edited to add: ?